Onpoint Uganda operates an e-commerce platform consisting of a website (“marketplace”), together with supporting logistics and easy pay supports in the payment infrastructure, for the sale and purchase of natural products in Uganda (“territory”).
These general terms and conditions shall apply to buyers and sellers on the marketplace and shall govern your use of the marketplace and related services.
By using our marketplace, you accept these general terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these general terms and conditions or any part of these general terms and conditions, you must not use our marketplace.
If you use our marketplace in the course of a business or other organizational project, then by so doing you: confirm that you have obtained the necessary authority to agree to these general terms and conditions; bind both yourself and the person, company or other legal entity that operates that business or organizational project, to these general terms and conditions; and agree that “you” in these general terms and conditions shall reference both the individual user and the relevant person, company or legal entity unless the context requires otherwise.
Registration and account
(1) You may not register with our marketplace at the billing part of the transaction if you are under 18 years of age (by using our marketplace or agreeing to these general terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age).
(2) You may register for an account with our marketplace by completing and submitting the registration form on our marketplace.
(3) You represent and warrant that all information provided in the registration form is complete and accurate.
(4) If you register for an account with our marketplace, you will be asked to provide an email address/user ID and password and you agree to:
(5) keep your password confidential;
(6) notify us in writing immediately (using our contact details provided at section
(7) if you become aware of any disclosure of your password; and
(8) be responsible for any activity on our marketplace arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and that you may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
(9) Your account shall be used exclusively by you and you shall not transfer your account to any third party. If you authorize any third party to manage your account on your behalf this shall be at your own risk.
(10) We may suspend or cancel your account, and/or edit your account details, at any time in our sole discretion and without notice or explanation, providing that if we cancel any products or services you have paid for but not received, and you have not breached these general terms and conditions, we will refund you in respect of the same.
(11) You may cancel your account on our marketplace by contacting us as provided at section
Terms and conditions of sale
You acknowledge and agree that: the marketplace provides an online location for sellers to sell and buyers to purchase products; we shall accept binding sales, on behalf of sellers, but Onpoint is not a party to the transaction between the seller and the buyer; and a contract for the sale and purchase of a product or products will come into force between the buyer and seller, and accordingly you commit to buying or selling the relevant product or products, upon the buyer’s confirmation of purchase via the marketplace.
Subject to these general terms and conditions, the seller’s terms of business shall govern the contract for sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller. Notwithstanding this, the following provisions will be incorporated into the contract of sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller:
The price for a product will be as stated in the relevant product listing; the price for the product must include all taxes and comply with applicable laws in force from time to time;
Delivery charges, packaging charges, handling charges, administrative charges, insurance costs, other ancillary costs and charges, will only be payable by the buyer if this is expressly and clearly stated in the product listing;
Products must be of satisfactory quality, fit and safe for any purpose specified in, and conform in all material respects to, the product listing and any other description of the products supplied or made available by the seller to the buyer; and
The seller warrants that the seller has good title to, and is the sole legal and beneficial owner of, the products, and that the products are not subject to any third party rights or restrictions including in respect of third party intellectual property rights and/or any criminal, insolvency or tax investigation or proceedings.
Returns and refunds
Returns of products by buyers and acceptance of returned products by sellers shall be managed by us in accordance with the returns page on the marketplace, as may be amended from time to time. Acceptance of returns shall be in our discretion, subject to compliance with applicable laws of the territory.
Refunds in respect of returned products shall be managed in accordance with the refunds page on the marketplace, as may be amended from time to time. Our rules on refunds shall be exercised in our discretion, subject to applicable laws of the territory. We may offer refunds, in our discretion:
You must make payments due under these general terms and conditions in accordance with the Payments Information and Guidelines on the marketplace.
Our rights to use your content
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content across our marketing channels and any existing or future media.
Use of website
In this section words “marketplace” and “website” shall be used interchangeably to refer to Onpoint’s websites.
(1) view pages from our website in a web browser
(2) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
(3) print pages from our website for your own personal and non-commercial use, providing that such printing is not systematic or excessive;
(4) stream audio and video files from our website using the media player on our website; and
(5) use our marketplace services by means of a web browser, subject to the other provisions of these general terms and conditions.
(6) Except as expressly permitted by section 8.2 or the other provisions of these general terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
(7) You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes in respect of selling or purchasing products on the marketplace.
(8) Except as expressly permitted by these general terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
(9) Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:republish material from our website (including republication on another website)
Law and jurisdiction
These general terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the territory.
Any disputes relating to these general terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the territory.